Eric is the co-founder of Tempus where he is also serving as the Current CEO. He does not stop there, though, and like the serial entrepreneur that Eric Lefkofsky is, he has also been involved with other companies that include:
- Groupon where he is a co-founder and the Chairman
- Echo Global Logistics where he is a co-founder
- Lightbank where he is a co-founder
After all these years since he started off like a carpet selling boy at the campus, he has indeed worked hard to get to where he is right now. This is a testimony of just how capable he is to do what he does.
He attended school in Michigan where he was raised, and he was able to graduate from Southfield- Lathrup High school and then went on to attend the University of Michigan, and he graduated with honors in the year 1991.
In 1993, he earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School. He is a capable academic with the brilliant mind to build and just keep building because he has enjoyed success everywhere and more information click here.
He was at the University f Michigan where he was selling carpets when together with his friend, they started Brandon Apparel which they later sold to StarBelly where he went to work as the Chief Operating Officer until StarBelly went bankrupt and faced lawsuits.
He went on to form the following companies:
- InnerWorkings in 2001 and he has been with this one ever since as the board director until 2012.
- In 2005, with his friend Keywell from back in the University, they created a logistics company, ECHO which then went public.
- In 2006, they then again founded MediaBank, a technology company that buys media. It usually works to provide advertising buyers with the aspects of;
- Analysis of software
- The buying process
- The finance and account management
- He also formed the company Groupon which was originally called The Point. This was then named by Forbes as the fastest-growing company in history.
It was rated by Forbes as the fastest-growing company since Google, and they even turned down an offer from Google of $6 billion.
In 2012, Media Bank was merged with Donavan systems, and they became Mediaocean in a deal estimated at $1.5 billion and contact him.
With his wife, they formed Lefkofsky Foundation which supports education and scientific achievements. Tempus was founded to enable physicians to provide personalized care for cancer patients.